- Kellogg's Better Days Home
- About Us
- About Us
Message from our CEO
Inspired by our vision and driven by our purpose
A day where people are fed and fulfilled. A day where our planet thrives. A day where there is a seat at the table for everyone. This is our goal.
Our founder, W.K. Kellogg, believed that part of running a good business was doing good for society. His commitment has guided our company for over a century. Today, through our Kellogg's™ Better Days Promise, we are creating Better Days for 3 billion people by the end of 2030. To do so, we’re advancing sustainable and equitable access to food by addressing the intersection of wellbeing, hunger, sustainability, and equity, diversity and inclusion (ED&I).
We’re further amplifying our efforts to nourish people with our foods, feed people in need and nurture our planet, all while furthering our commitment to ED&I. For example:
- Across our portfolio, we’re nourishing with our foods by delivering smart choices to address “hidden hunger,” or micronutrient deficiencies that affect one in three people, globally1.
- We are supporting feeding programs in 26 countries and are working to expand school and summer feeding programs so children everywhere can reach their full potential.
- Through partnerships, we are helping farmers adopt climate-positive, science-based and sustainable practices to nurture our planet.
- And we’re ensuring that we increase the accurate portrayal of women and girls in advertising and media is an important part of our diversity and inclusion efforts.
As you can see through these efforts, our Kellogg's™ Better Days Promise is well entrenched in our business and culture. It demonstrates to our employees, consumers, customers, investors and others that Kellogg cares about the communities where we live and operate, and is central and critical to our company’s growth, including our recent decision to separate into three independent companies. Post-spins, the three entities will determine individual ESG strategies. Those entities will report on their respective ESG strategy progress in future separate reports.
Again this year, are we are humbled that, as a result of these and other efforts, Kellogg was recognized with some of the highest honors, including those from the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies, and the MSCI ESG Leaders.
I’m incredibly proud of our Kellogg team and the difference we continue to make advancing our vision of a good and just world where people are not just fed but fulfilled and living our purpose of creating better days and a place at the table for everyone. We hope you’ll join us in creating better days in your community.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
 Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) 2013