- Kellogg's Better Days Home
- About Us
- About Us
Supporting Our Hometown
Supporting our hometown and other Kellogg communities
Kellogg is a global company--we market our foods in 180 countries--yet our roots remain in Battle Creek, Michigan, where we were founded in 1906.
Battle Creek is an important location where a significant number of our employees and facilities are located. That’s why we are an active, engaged member of the community, making sizeable contributions of money and volunteer hours. Doing so is one way we work toward our goal of creating better days for 3 billion people by the end of 2030. For example:
- In the last decade, our company and employees have donated more than $25.3 million to United Way of South Central Michigan Region. We continue to be the largest corporate donor to the annual campaign that supports community organizations providing hunger relief, education, health benefits and other basic needs.
- We’ve contributed hundreds of thousands of pounds of food to the South Michigan Food Bank.
- In just the past 10 years, we’ve also invested millions of dollars in downtown Battle Creek revitalization projects, including renovations to our corporate headquarters.
Most recently, through one of our charitable funds, we donated $200,000 to the South Michigan Food Bank to support the creation of a new “clean room” and purchase three large vehicles. The specially-designed, 500-square-foot clean room enables the food bank to accept and safely sort bulk food donations from partners like Kellogg. This means they can feed more hungry families and reduce food waste. The food bank uses the vehicles to distribute food, including refrigerated items and fresh produce, throughout the community.
In addition, we’ve:
- Invested $500,000 in the Battle Creek Small Business Loan Fund to foster entrepreneurialism;
- Pledged $500,000 to the Southwest Michigan Accelerator Kitchen to help launch new food businesses in our community;
- Invested $150,000 in Battle Creek Unlimited’s TRAIN program to incentivize employees to purchase homes in Battle Creek; and
- Created a scholarship for students at Battle Creek Central High School to pursue a career in finance.
In Battle Creek and around the world, Kellogg sponsors a wide variety of community events and organizations. We’re especially proud that our employees have volunteered tens of thousands of hours with local organizations and on local boards. Most importantly, we actively collaborate with local leaders where we operate to help ensure strong and vibrant communities for generations to come.